- Godless [Running Yakuza Kick to a seated or kneeling opponent. Similar to a shining wizard but with a Yakuza kick replacing the knee. This is Mephisto’s “go to” finishing move. Very few have gotten up from this knockout blow. When Mephisto hits “Godless,” it’s usually a matter of time… 3 seconds to be exact… before it’s all over.]
- Despair [high angle Texas Cloverleaf done in the style of the original Lion Tamer. This is another “go to” finishing move for Mephisto. He has submitted some of the most fearsome opponents with this excruciating hold. It has been countered into a rollup once or twice, but very few have the fortitude to resist “Despair.” Usually, when this is locked in, HOPE dies. Mephisto will use this to finish an opponent about as often as he uses “Godless,” but will also use it directly after that maneuver on occasion if he believes there is a chance his opponent may kick out.]
- Heresy [stalling slingshot vertical brainbuster. A new addition to his arsenal, Heresy is used when all else fails. This disorienting move is meant to end things once and for all. “Heresy” is used when Godless and Despair fail, but he may use it to make a statement as well.]
Profile: The Dark Master. The Silver Tongued Serpent. Mr. Sin City. Outsider. Heretic. Pariah. These are the words most would associate with Jacob Mephisto. Slick to the point of slimy, Mephisto is a master of manipulation, winning many battles before ever stepping into the ring.
Originally from Nazareth, PA, Jacob Mephisto has travelled the world honing his craft in the world of professional wrestling. He made his name initially in the OWC, where he won the first and only Lord of Hell match, a contest so brutal it was banned from the sport with prejudice. Following that, he honed his skills to the more technical side, becoming what many call a technical mastermind inside the ring. Despite his size, standing at 6’6 and weighing 270 pounds, Mephisto tends to surprise his opponents with his technical prowess instead of the traditional powerhouse styles that generally come with a man of his size.
In the OWC, Mephisto began his campaign of manipulating his opponents using various mind games. His two crowning achievements came in 2010 when he became embroiled in a bitter feud with OWC legend Doomsday. The two would wage a war, with Doomsday and his Apocalypse stable gaining the upper hand early, decimating Mephisto in March of 2010. However, Mephisto would return in June of the same year with his own allies, dubbed The Forsaken. This war would eventually come to a head in September 2010 when The Forsaken defeated The Apocalypse in a bloody 8-man tag team death match. The final chapter concluded the next month at OWC’s Devil’s Night, when Mephisto would pin Doomsday clean after a brutal 40 minute Last Man Standing match. His second crowning achievement would be the previously mentioned Lord of Hell Match in January of 2010.
Mephisto would make his initial SHOOT Project debut in 2011, but would not achieve much in that time, save for a disqualification victory over Kenji Yamada. Throughout 2013 and most of 2014, he competed in SHOOT Project’s Sin City Championship Series II, going on to become Sin City Champion and the eventual series winner. He was undefeated in the series and even went on to defeat the previous Series winner, future HATE pillar, Lunatikk Crippler, in a ladder match… with a little help. He is one of, if not the longest Sin City Champions in the company’s history.
Later in 2014, Mephisto defeated SHOOT Project legend, Donovan King, to earn a spot in The Primus II, an 8-Person Elimination Match to determine the World Heavyweight Champion. He was eliminated by eventual winner, Maya Nakashima. Mephisto would go on to wage a war on Maya, attempting to stamp out HOPE and replace it with deSPair. He would, however, never complete his goal.
Upon arrival in the EWA, Mephisto entered the first Warrior’s Trial. It was a moment that would start a whole new war. Mephisto would find himself embroiled in a three way battle with Sinnocence and Osborne Kilminster for the EWA World Heavyweight Championship. Throughout this war with the Viking King and The Valkyrie, Mephisto would not secure a victory. However, at the first Champions Summit, Mephisto would spew a ball of fire into the face of Kilminster, maiming the former World Heavyweight Champion. Though Sinnocence would claim victory and retain her World Heavyweight Championship, the Royal Family of the EWA was torn asunder and Kilminster would divorce Sinnocence.
While all of this going on, a mysterious group known as the Anonymous Army was hot on Mephisto’s trail. They did something no other group or adversary has done. They got into Mephisto’s head. A tag team match pitted Anonymous against Mephisto and his new found partner, EWA mainstay Snake. However, it was all a ruse, as Snake turned out to be the leader of Anonymous. The group brutally assaulted Mephisto, seemingly driving Mephisto away for good… or so everyone thought.
Jacob Mephisto has returned to the EWA. And though nobody seems to know where he’s been, something is different. He’s more calculating than ever. His motives are unclear, though he has stated he wants to burn everything in the EWA to ashes. He maintains that he is responsible for the rise of HATE, The Youth, and The Fallout. Recently, Mephisto has allied himself with Sean Boden in a tandem dubbed PARIAH.
Currently, PARIAH has ignited a war against HATE. Mephisto has stated he will wage a war of “non-violence” against NOTHING, but will be highly pro-violence against The Purveyor’s brethren.
Nobody knows what is in store for the EWA as this war begins. But one thing is certain, it’s only a matter of time. And time… is on Jacob Mephisto’s side.
- EWA Network Championship
- SHOOT Project Sin City Championship
* denotes a guest appearance in someone else’s RP
DOA [w/ Sean Boden & Issac Entragian] (12.29.16)
Slow Burn (11.18.15)